Thursday, January 7, 2016

IBM Bluemix - Real Time Insights.

In this blog - I will write about one of the IBM Bluemix Offerings for IoT called 'Real Time Insights'.

In this - one can track their devices and also set alerts, setup data sources ( i.e devices like Raspberry Pi ).

Here I will describe how I was able to get my Raspberry send data ( simulated temperature) to IBM IoT Foundation and also how to setup the IBM Real Time Insights to view pictorially
where the data is coming from ( or in other words ) where my Raspberry Pi is sending data from.

First, the Raspberry Pi has to be configured to the IBM IoTF ( for which you need an IBM Id - and you can create one for free ) .
http://console.ng.bluemix.net

Since, I have already covered how to configure the Raspberry Pi - my IoT device to IBM IoTF - I will skip that section and take you straight to the IBM Real Time Insights service setup and configuration.

Open your IBM Bluemix Dashboard and then select your IoT Application that was used to create the IoT Foundation.
We will add this IBM RealTime Insights service to it.









Click on Create.


You should see the Bluemix RT Data source sign,
Add a new data source.

and if you have setup the data source correctly, you should be able to see this on your dashboard.





No comments:

Post a Comment