Sunday, June 21, 2015

Cell phone position using its' accelerometer, displayed thru Bluemix IoT's MQTT Foundation.

A small experiment I tried where I entered Bluemix's URL on my cell phone and each time there was a movement on my cell.
I'd notice the different vibrations on the URL.

To do this -
First I went to https://console.stage1.ng.bluemix.net/

logged in with my IBM Id.
Clicked on IoT solutions.
Clicked on "Try it out" button




Enter an unique name 'RaspSPi' and 4 digit code  xxxx in the Device Name and the 4 digit code window and clicked on Go Play"

and immediately  got an URL.

http://iot-demo.mybluemix.net/device/RaspSPi 

I entered this URL on my Micromax Canvas A1 smartphone which asked me to validate my 4 digit code.
 
At the same time - out of curiosity I entered the same URL on my Lenovo Laptop and this is what I got.

Some data both on the web on my smart phone , as well as on the browser on which I opened the above link.

Observe the "Vibration" "Motion and other stats from my cell being displayed on the URL.

This is what was happening.

and I cut and paste this from the IoT's web site"
-- Cut and Paste ---
accelerometer data from your phone is being sent to the IoT Foundation.

A Bluemix app is using this data to mirror your movements — go on, try moving your phone.

-- Done -- Cut and Paste--






This below is when I laid my Cell phone at 90 degrees.







Below, is when I moved my cell phone in standing position.





Below , when I moved my cell phone to a slant position.



Shashi Kiran
Operations Support - Bluemix and Service Engage

No comments:

Post a Comment