Wednesday, March 7, 2012

How to Unistall and Install Big Fix Server on Windows.

References to Big Fix means - IBM Tivoli Endpoint Manager.

Here I talk about my experiences on removing and reinstalling the Big Fix Server that was already installed on the Windows platform and things I learnt in the process.

Very Important - Just do not remove the Big Fix from the Add/Remove programs - how ever... Uninstall both the Big fix and the Microsoft SQL server folders and application from the Add/Remove programs.

One other thing I noticed was, the Tivoli Endpoint Manager (Big Fix Server) after installation did not recognize the older Clients ( in my case  the Unix clients) that were recognized before the removal, so I had to uninstall the clients manually in order for the TEM server to recognize them.
rpm -e BESAgent and let the TEM Server rediscover it again.

Picture : Uninstall of the application in progress:


 

Picture :
Removal of the folder/directory structure - in other words - cleaning out.
 
 


Since I was experimenting with this - I had to select the Evaluation Version.


 

I accepted the defaults - no changes here.

 

Picture :
Set password for the TEM administrator.
 

Picture:
 
 

Picture below : If this happens it means the Microsoft SQL Server was not removed completely, this leads to the TEM failure. So in this case I'd go back and clean out the SQL installation - both from the Add/Remove and also clean out the SQL directory folder structure and then restart all over.
 ( Do not abort the installation , however finish this installation - remove, clean out and reinstall )



Hope this helps who is going thru similar situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment