Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Starting WebSphere sMash on Windows 7. UnsatisfiedLinkError, ZSO could not be located ...arch=x86_64

( All opinions are my own and does not reflect my employer's point of view. There could be better ways of doing stuff than written below, but what I have written below got me working again)


The WebSphere sMash is an IBM Application server that helps in building web applications faster, and lets users concentrate on writing business logic. More on this can be found at http://www.projectzero.org/


Having been used to running this on Windows XP -32 bit, when I was working on sMash - I had to face some challenges when I migrated the WebSphere sMash to Windows7 ( yes, I got a new Laptop running Windows 7)
So, when I tried to start up WebSphere sMash - it would not come up.
That's when I realized that  I needed to do some digging up.

My blog here says about how to start the sMash on Windows 7 OS.
Basically,you need to be pointing to the 32 bit JVM in order to get this right.  Once you initialize and also reconfigure the resolved. properties -then the application  should start up fine.





No comments:

Post a Comment