Thursday, January 5, 2012

IBM's 5 on 5. predictions for 2012 - My vote is on "Closing the Digital Divide"

http://w3.ibm.com/news/w3news/top_stories/2011/12/chq_5in5_announcement.html

You need an appropriate login permission to login to the link above and here they talk about the different possibilities that might catch on - during 2012.

The multiple predictions are
1 . Energy -
2. Security - where you wil not need to enter your password again
...and so on. But my vote is  "Closing the Digital Divide"  using the tablet computer generation.
Back then I had a palm pilot and then on to the new Visor - it was handy and would fit in my pocket and in most cases replaced contents that I stored in my wallet and I had my data at my fingertips.
Although I did not have internet connected to this device - I had all my personal details stored and I miss it so much.
Well, I dropped it one day after 3 or + years and had to let it go -
The bad thing was changing the batteries - once or twice a week. After that I long for one such device .. the tablets that are out today are good -but big and I cannot carry around..... So this device (smart phone or a tablet) will become a popular device shortly, especially with internet and camera connected.


No comments:

Post a Comment